Next week I am meeting with a pastor who is planting a church in Brownsburg to help him make a website. In today's culture a quality and useful website is no longer a bonus, it's something every church needs. My friend Mike recently sent me this Top 10 Website Features on Church Websites. It's a good article any church that is designing a website should look at. Going along this line I thought I'd share the top 10 ways people use our website at Life Church Indianapolis. This is based on our analytics data from users' experiences.
- Time & Directions - when and where do we have our Sunday services?
- What To Expect - gives people an idea of what they'll see on a Sunday morning, includes pictures and a sample of our worship music
- FAQs - addresses some of the common questions people often have about a church
- This Week's Message - people watch this most recent Sunday's message from our website
- Media Library - people either want to listen to a specific message, or get an idea of the topics we talk about on Sundays
- About Us/Who Are We - addresses our mission and values; talks specifically about us being an outwardly focused church
- Life Groups - people want to know how they can get plugged in to our community
- Contact Us - gives people different ways they can contact us and our location
- Leadership Team - talks about our staff and who leads the church
- Resources for Churches - we make several of our past message series available for other churches to download for free
One item that is up and coming are the links to our social networking activities: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and our weekly updates Google Group RSS feed. Most of these were added to our website within the last month so we're not sure yet where they will fall in the above list.