Before we go off setting goals, resolutions and plans for 2009 it's important to take some time looking back on 2008. How did you do with those things that you wanted to accomplish this year? Here is my report card.
Relationship with God
1. Protect my Sabbath (day off) every week This was a struggle, probably kept it 70% of the time.
2. Fast at least one day every month Didn’t do very well at this. This is a focus for 2009… I realize I need to explore this more.
3. Take a 1 night personal retreat sometime between May – July This was accomplished during our vacation.
4. Have at least 1 date night every month with Courtney Thanks to our parents and my sister being in town we had no problem getting time without Noah.
5. Train (start March 1st)and run 5k with Courtney in May I supported Courtney in this but didn’t do it myself. I have been consistently working out all year though!
6. Get away for two nights for our anniversary in October We did this!
7. Read 1 book on marriage Read His Needs Her Needs.
8. Read 1 book on parenting Read Kid CEO.
9. Setup a budget and use the envelope system every month Did this.
10. Increase tithe to 12% by June Did this.
11. Pay off 2nd mortgage by end of year Did this in August.
12. Read 1 book on finances Read The Blessed Life.
13. Start taking classes towards Masters at Indiana Wesleyan Decided this isn’t necessary right now.
14. Read 2 books on communicating/speaking Read Communicating for Changeand Preaching on Your Feet
15. Read 2 books on leadership Read Developing The Leader Within You, A Tale of Three Kings¸and a few others.
16. Attend Willow Creek Leadership Summit (Aug 7-8) or Catalyst (Oct 8-10) Went to Catalyst One Day.