I am coming up to the end of my second week in full time ministry and I must say it has been AMAZING! Here are some thoughts, observations and challenges that I've faced over the first two weeks:
- Ministry does NOT have well defined work and personal hours.
- Setting a schedule and clear expectations with my wife is a MUST to ensure that we clearly communicate as to my availability and obligations through the days of the week.
- I don't need to make myself into anything. Jesus said in Mark 1:17 to Andrew and Simon "Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men." My job is to 'come' and 'follow Jesus' He will MAKE me what I need to be.
- I'm still not used to being called Pastor Scott... you can just call me Scott.
- My parents are still not comfortable with me leaving what they viewed as a job that was safe, secure, good benefits, retirement, etc. In reality I'm MUCH safer and more secure being where God wants me which is with Life Church. They are watching and waiting to see how it turns out.
- This past Sunday Courtney and I were officially 'set in' at church. Tony and our board prayed over us. It was awesome.
- After service Sunday we went out to eat with our families. A couple who just started attending our church gave us a large gift card that paid for all our meals. We were BLOWN AWAY! This really spoke to my parents also.
- I feel totally inadequate for what God is calling me to do.